Monday 29 September 2014

I've Been Tagged

Good Monday Morning to you all!

I've been tagged by the lovely Sarah at Mallows Crafty Bits. It is part of The Creative Blog Hop (every Monday) and is fun to join in with.   Now Sarah has been commenting on my blog for a very long time now and she is so encouraging and I am so very grateful for all her wonderful words on my blog.  I have loved Sarah's work as it is always so pretty and she does some lovely shaped cards, so pop along and have a peep and say Hi!  You won't be disappointed.  Thank you Sarah :0)

So, here we go...question time...



1)   What am I working on now.

At the moment I am working on a card for my DT post at Penny's Paper-Crafty.  Just before putting this post together I had just added my card to my DT post at Love to Scrap Challenge Blog. I have also printed out some cute Christmas puppy images to make into Christmas cards.  Coming this week lol.

2)   How does your work differ from others in your genre?

I don't think my work differs from others in my genre if I am honest.  Especially since I take inspiration from what I see of people's work on their blogs and from magazines.  I really do find blogs to be so very inspiring and really helpful in the creation of my cards.  I'd be so lost without my blogging friends and their blogs.

3)   Why do I do what you do.

Because I absolutely love crafting.  I always have done and I always will.  I started out making dollshouse furniture from egg cartons and loo rolls when I was a little girl.  At that time I also use to sew little purses from scraps of fabric that I found.  In my twenties I discovered cross stitch, then in my thirties scrapbooking and shortly after cardmaking.  I think I have gone along the same path as most crafters do lol.

4)  How does my creative process work.

When I am making cards, I start first by thinking or finding a sketch for my layout (Sketch Saturday has some really great ones).  I then pick my papers and then my image and pro-marker colours.  I pick my papers first as I like to match the image to the papers.  Sentiments and embellishments come last if there is space.  That is the order I follow and that is what helps me to put some semblence of a card together lol.

I just want to thank my blogging friends for all their inspiration and their kind words on my cards.  I don't have a huge number of followers, but the ones I have, I cherish.



Now here are my nominees:-


Fantastic layouts on her cards.  She does male cards fabulously (male cards are a fave of mine). 

Now Julie gave me the position of DT member on the Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge blog. At the time, I wasn't too confident and was at a low ebb.  I had crafted before but I was just getting back into it, so I am very grateful that Julie gave me a chance as it boosted my confidence loads.  Also her cards are gorgeous!!

Shuly Cartes
I met Shuly through the Love to Scrap Challenge Blog and right away she was very welcoming and encouraging and it is a real pleasure to work with her.  Also, she creates some beautiful interactive cards which I adore.

Thanks so much for reading all this and have a really great day

4 comments:

  1. What a great read Michelle!! I remember making furniture out of polystyrene egg boxes (light green, pink and lilac they were!!)for my Pippa dolls back in the day, so thanks for the memory!! Thrilled to see Brandon in this months Cardmaking and Papercraft mag!! So glad to see he is carrying on the family tradition, you have serious competition there girl!! Finally it's lovely to "know" you!! Keep up the good work!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. waaa Michelle, i enjoyed reading this post so much ! i love to see how the others work! your cards are always adorable and show well balanced layouts + colours; a real treat!! and you always have such kind comments, it feels very special to have you as a team-mate ! i'm very touched that you thought of me for this blog hop; thank you....big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Michelle, you are one great person to get to know.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely post Michelle, it's nice to learn a little about your creative process.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete