Thursday 11 September 2014

Steampunk Cutie

Good afternoon all.

I can't wait until this week is over.  I have so much to catch up on - the after effect of the summer hols I suppose lol.

I did get a card done though and here it is...


I have never done Steampunk before so this is my first attempt.  I really enjoyed making this.  I used a brown and grey colour combination which I wasn't sure would work but luckily it did.  I won the cute image from Lacy Sunshine and you can find her here.
The cogs (which I love) were a birthday gift.  They are a die set from Do Crafts.  The papers and the sentiment are old from a steampunk CD, Papermania.

Challenges:-
Crafty Girls Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafting for all Seasons - Wheels and / or Cogs
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew - Steampunk / Urban
Creative Inspirations - Anything Goes with the Option of a Sketch
The Crafty Bloggers Challenge - September Anything Goes

Thanks so much for looking and have a great day.

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous steampunk creation Michelle. Great colours and I love the cogs too. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Michelle, gorgeous image & fab embellies. Love the layout & colours too.
    hugs Jo x
    ps - I have candy, would love you to enter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooo cute - love the image and colouring thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done a fabulous job Michelle and those die cuts look perfect. The colours work really well and I love the touch of red xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. BRILLIANT card Michelle, fantastic image, dies and colours....super creation.xxx
    The Journey is the Start

    Thanks also for entering this super card into our Wheel and Cogs challenge...a winner in my eyes...

    {Crafting For All Seasons DT Member}


    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous card hun, lovely colour scheme too! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have definitely pulled off the steampunk look. Love this card! Thanks for joining us at c4e. keeley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your first attempt at steampunk, a Lovely card, please do more very likeable style thanks for sharing and joining us at CC&CC cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is absolutely delightful! Thank you so much for sharing her with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just amazing! I can't believe this is your first steampunk card, well you nailed it! I have never tried steampunk either, but I think you have inspired me...you have made steampunk beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this michelle.the cogs and papers are fab and fantastic image ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fabulous card Michelle, such a gorgeous image and I love your colour choices and design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Michelle this is fabulous, I think you nailed steam punk! Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  14. great steampunk card I love the image and all the cogs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls Challenge, good luck and hope to see you again xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another great card - thanks for joining us at the Crafty Girls Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this thanks for joining us at CCC xx Jan

    ReplyDelete